The Monkey Lab
9/11/2005
  Bienvenidos a Miami Ok, so I admit it. I'm a flake. Initially, I was all inspired about opening a blogger account and ripping open and exposing the contents of my skull and revealing my experiences, turmoils, and tribulations for the average surreptitious blog-reading lurker. But the reason is really that I'm afraid, and frankly, I've been MAD lazy. Its stupid. But today, I have so much to write about I've decided to emerge from my lazy-bastard tendencies and reticence and promise to myself I'd blog more - simply for myself. The big news, I just got back from a weekend trip to Miami. That's right, instead of hoarding up those personal days at work forfear of appearing like a slacker to the pulsating brain at work, I took 2 days, just for me. My roommate, although he had been minorly annoying in the month leading up to the trip, mostly because of cleaning issues, despite that he really came through and I like him like a brother, more now than I ever. He's got the mad hookups,and it ain't the hookup to the Miami McD's, and was just an overall good guy. You're props to you buddy. He and his friends treated me like their own. After a relatively uneventful flight lasting 2 and 1/2 hours (a little longer than I thought it'd be because I'm sometimes a noodle brained ebola monkey who thinks flights should be no longer than one hour when in the same time-zone), we arrived from mundane Queens trappings of LaGuardia to balmy Ft. Lauderdale on a flight costing $125 - yes it was $125, go to Spirit Airlines. But his friend Kris rolls up in a Volkswagon Beatle though, which invoked an almost openly exclaimed "WTF?". Kris is a character. He's an pharmaceutical entrepreneur with a jokester personality which, honestly can be grating sometimes. But he's got mad personality, model good looks, and he knows how to ball. These facts, for obvious reasons, were being trampled on by the mere fact that he rolls up to pick up two pretty thick and decent sized dudes with two pieces of luggage in a farkin Volkswagen Beatle!. What happened to the BMW X5 dawg? Turns out it was his girl's Beatle, which immediately ameliorated my concern that I'd be bouncing from hot Miami club to club in a car that comes stock with a flower pot. The X5 was in the shop for air conditioning work, so the next day, after "talking business", we'd roll over to the shop and pick it up. Miami is different, and beautiful. Palm trees, unlike in LA, are native to South Florida. So they're abundant, towering, and on every freeway. Another thing, its ridiculously humid and pretty hot. The weather is always above 75. In fact when it gets to 70 in January, people step out of their houses, curse the old man winter for his crustiness, and put on a sweater........ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? MAN, I'd literally kick someone else's dog to get consistent 70 degree weather in the winter time. I guess the tradeoff is your summer's in Miami are a combination of flash thunderstorms, unbearable humidity, flooding, and a relentless smiling sunshine. Hence people wear little to nothing and have beautifully clean and tan skin from mid-march to October. The water is immaculate, clear bluish green, and it looks clean. It definitely helps that most of the people in Miami, lets just say, tan very well. So we cram into the mint-case and jet over to his place, but before that we stop by the Aventura Mall for a little Pollo Tropical...money. Tasty chopped chicken with a cuban ranch sauce with brown rice, beans, and salad. Definitley hit the spot after knocking out on the plane with my yawning jaw sucking in dry, sterile, sedative infused cabin air for 2 and a 1/2 hours. The first night there was definitely an adventure which I'll post about tomorrow. 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
This and that, here and there on tech and other stuff.

Archives
7/1/04 / 1/1/05 / 2/1/05 / 3/1/05 / 4/1/05 / 5/1/05 / 6/1/05 / 9/1/05 / 11/1/05 / 12/1/05 / 3/1/06 / 5/1/06 / 6/1/06 / 7/1/06 / 8/1/06 / 10/1/06 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]